Various diseases have now taken a toll on human life, and cancer is one of them. Cancer has become more aggressive and diverse in recent times, risking the lives of the majority of the world’s population.
Vulvar cancer is one such type of cancer that significantly affects women’s lives.
Did you know that Vulvar cancer is rare cancer that is ranked 28th in terms of the most common cancers?
As the illness is rare, the treatment can only be accessed at a high expenditure. The treatment of vulvar cancer around the world is usually pricey and cannot be afforded easily.
In recent times, India has become a modern center for medical treatments as it offers excellent medical care at a low cost.
Usually, the vulvar cancer treatment cost in India starts from Rs 88800 for Indian patients and USD 19139 for international patients.
What is Vulvar Cancer?
Vulvar Cancer is among the list of the rarest occurring cancers in the world. It is generally diagnosed in older women and occurs on the outer surface of the vagina, called the vulva.
The cancerous cells usually grow on the inner and outer surface of the vagina but can also develop in other areas and evolve steadily in the body over the years.
People already diagnosed with ailments such as Human papillomavirus (HPV), vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN), lichen sclerosis, and people with a history of genital warts have a high risk of developing vulvar cancer.
Signs and Symptoms of Vulvar Cancer
In most cases of vulvar cancer, the symptoms are easily denied at the initial stage of the disease. But, with severity and complications, symptoms can be noticed and can even be painful.
Some of the most naturally regarded signs and symptoms among vulvar cancer patients are :
- Changes in the skin color of the vulva
- Pelvic pain
- Painful intercourse
- Pain while peeing
- Bleeding not linked to menstruation
- Itching and rashes
- Warts and ulcers on the vulvar surface
- Burning sensations in the vulva
- Lump in the vulvar surface
- Constant irritation
Besides these, there are also more severe symptoms that impact the patients. It is vital to consult a medical professional to treat the problem.
What are the Treatment Options Available?
Many treatment options can successfully treat vulvar cancer. Here are a few of them:
- Radiation Therapy
- Biologic Therapy
Apart from these procedures, medications such as Cisplatin, Carboplatin, Paclitaxel, Bevacizumab, and Vinorelbine are also proven effective in the treatment process.
Vulvar Cancer Treatment Cost in India
Unlike most destinations famous for medical tourism, India is a country that offers comprehensive and high-quality treatment at incredibly reasonable rates.
On average, the vulvar cancer treatment cost in India generally starts from Rs. 88800 and goes up to Rs 118400 for Indian patients. In contrast, the average cost for international patients is between USD 1800 to USD 2200.
In the USA, the average cost for vulvar cancer treatment for 2 years is between USD 19139 to USD 37657, which is extremely higher than the treatment cost in India.
Hence, India is a place that can help attain remarkable treatment at a pocket-friendly expense.
Top 6 Doctors for Vulvar Cancer Treatment in India
- Dr. Ramesh Sarin- Dr. Ramesh Sarin is a highly trained Surgical Oncologist having a rich experience of more than 40 years in treating patients with different cancers. Her clinical specialization and proficiency include breast cancer treatment and breast reconstruction, and she also has a keen interest in sentinel node biopsy.
- Dr. Yogesh Kulkarni- Based in Mumbai, India, Dr. Yogesh Kulkarni is a prominent Surgical Oncologist having a specialization of more than 16 years in the field of oncology. He has performed over 140 successful operations for endometrial & cervical cancers and has won many awards for his service. He has also performed the first reported fertility-sparing surgery for cervical Carcinoma in India on a 4-year-old girl diagnosed with clear cell carcinoma of the cervix.
- Dr. Kapil Kumar- Dr. Kapil Kumar is one of the renowned Surgical Oncologists in the country. He has earned a glorious venture of nearly 28 years in the field of oncology. His areas of medical interest and proficiency are pancreatic, biliary surgery, breast cancer, oncoplastic surgery, upper G.I. surgery, and thoracic surgery for esophagus, lung, and mediastinal tumors.
- Dr. Jalaj Baxi- Dr. Jalaj Baxi is a renowned name in the medical sector based in Noida, India. He has vast experience of more than 28 years in the field of surgical oncology and has served as a faculty member at various respected medical centers in the country.
- Dr. Vikram Pratap Singh- Dr. Vikram Pratap Singh is a well-known Surgical Oncologist having a glorious experience of nearly 35 years in the field of oncology. His areas of specialization are 3 D Brachytherapy, clinical oncology, modern radiation techniques, intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), stereotactic radiotherapy, and radiosurgery, image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), etc.
- Dr. Sangram Keshari Sahoo- Dr. Sangram Keshari Sahoo is an excellent Surgical Oncologist based in New Delhi, India. He has earned a rich experience of more than 27 years in the field by performing various cancer surgeries. His clinical specializations are cancer surgeries such as organ conservation & function preservation surgeries, oncoplastic and on-reconstructive surgeries, solid organ malignancies, open radical surgeries, laparoscopic and advanced laparoscopic operations, minimal access surgeries, video-assisted thoracoscopic surgeries, etc.
Vulvar cancer is a rare and dangerous cancer that can be life-threatening. It can severely affect an individual if not treated appropriately. To acquire the best possible treatment at a reasonable budget, India can prove to be an outstanding destination for your treatment.
This is because India is a refined nation with the most qualified doctors globally. Furthermore, the hospitals provide adequate care and support to their patients.