It’s always such a pain when you are trying to access the 192.168.1.250 IP address but can’t connect to your WiFi network. A lot of factors that can affect your internet signal and range, but luckily there are some really effective hacks that you can try to improve the Netgear extender performance. Here, we are going to cover all the tips that will assist you. So, we suggest you don’t miss out the information from the post otherwise you are not able to improve the internet speed of your extender in no time. Read on!
Place the Netgear Extender on the Shelf
The very first thing you need to do is change the location of the Netgear extender. You can place your extender on the shelf to get better signals. Because it is seen that networking device always gives the best internet speed to things that are located below the extender. However, the extender not sending the proper signals upwards. So, always look for a place that is elevated off the ground to keep your extender. The places like shelves and countertops both places work great for devices.
Keep the Extender Away
Anything between the Netgear extender and the electronic device can weaken the WiFi signals. Below we mentioned some things that cause wireless interference. You need to keep the extender away from these things:
Do not place the extender near the home appliance like speakers, smart TV, washing machine, and many more.
- Away the extender from metal objects.
- Avoid putting the extender next t the window or near an exterior wall.
- Do not store the Netgear extender inside the closed cabinet.
Keeps the Antennas Up
If your Netgear extender has antennas then you have to keep them up always because, with the help of antennas, the extender spread the signals throughout the house fast. If this is not work, then try tuning the antennas towards the weak spot to see if the speed is improved.
Now, you need to update the firmware of the device if you are still using the outdated version of the device. Because outdated firmware put the device in danger and stops the functions of the networking device which is not good for you.
So, to update the firmware of the Netgear extender you need to access the Netgear genie setup wizard. Below we mentioned some steps you can follow to update the firmware.
- Boot up the computer or laptop.
- Now, you have to open the updated internet browser for the further process.
- Download the firmware version of the device with the help of Google and save it at the desired place.
- Access the default URL and IP address of the device.
- Log In to the extender by fill the credentials.
- Click on the login button.
- Netgear genie setup wizard appear in which you need to open the Firmware Update panel.
- The Firmware Update panel will open.
- Click on the Manual Update.
- Upload the downloaded version of the firmware.
- Click on the Save button.
This is how you can update your device firmware via the web interface.
Check the Ethernet Cable Connections
If you make a connection between the extender and the router with the help of an Ethernet cable, then you should inspect the Ethernet cable once because sometimes users of Netgear extender damage and break the cable mistakenly and keeps using it without repair. So, we recommend you check the cable if you found any defective areas on the cable then change the cable or try to repair it if possible.
Reboot the Device
Rebooting electronic devices is important to keep them away from technical glitches. So, if you are not giving the time to time restart to the extender, then you should start it. Below we give some instructions to restart the device perfectly.
- First, you have to turn off the device.
- Now, hold the power cable and remove it from the wall outlet.
- Give some recovery time to the device.
- Turn on the device by plugging the power cable.
These are the steps that you can use to restart the device perfectly. In case you are not able to improve the performance of the device after implementing the hacks, then you need to access the mywifiext setup to configure the device.
Now, you know all the effective and quick tricks to enhance the overall performance of the Netgear extender. We hope the above-mentioned hacks assist you and you will able to get blazing-fast internet speed.